Rick & Donna Donaruma
Rick and Donna have faithfully served our Parish Community for nearly 30 years. Rick was raised in Westford, MA while Donna was raised in Tewksbury, MA. They met on a Catholic retreat for teenagers in 1979. Donna and Rick both graduated from UMass Lowell: Rick in 1983; Donna in 1985. Donna went on to earn an MBA at Rivier University and is currently working as a Global Business Partner for MilliporeSigma.
Donna and Rick were married in St. Williams Church in Tewksbury MA on April 19, 1986 and made their first home in Nashua, NH. Their two children, Danielle (’88) and David (’91) were both born in Nashua. Donna & Rick are grateful to God, their daughter Danielle and son-in-law John for gifting them with three Grandchildren to spoil.
Rick and Donna joined St. Joseph the Worker Parish in 1990 and began their active ministry here in 1994. After moving from Nashua, NH to Pepperell, MA in 1996 they continued to worship and serve here at St Joseph’s. “We found this warm and welcoming parish family and we couldn’t give that up after we moved away. Anything that we’ve been able to do for the parish is only in response to the love we have for the Lord and this Parish Community. There are a hundred others just like us serving this Parish and we are honored to be part of the team of volunteers who contribute over 30,000 hours every year to support this community of faith” they said.
One of the ministries that they serve together is with Engaged couples. They began presenting at PreCana weekends at Miramar Retreat Center in Duxbury, MA in 1994 and have been a facilitating couple for the Foccus Program here at St. Joes for the past 20 years.
Donna and Rick were each participants and team members for numerous Cursillo Weekends in the Archdiocese of Boston from 1996 - 2007.
In addition Donna has been actively involved at St. Joseph’s in the following ways:
• 10+ years serving as Eucharistic Minister
• Parish Council Member 2007 + 2008
• "Sew Good Ministry" - sewing/baptismal albs 2013 - 2018
• Member of the Evangelization Initiative 2019
• Created and manages the new St Joe’s website 2019 - present
• Manages Facebook and Instagram accounts 2019 - present
• Creates and Manages Narthex display content 2019 - present
• Creates Audio files of Bishop's weekly homilies from the LiveStream recording.
• Member of the Parish Coronavirus Action team. 2020
• Started “Hands to Work, Hearts to God”: St Joseph the Worker Face Mask Ministry
• Leads parish Communication team 2022 - present
• Leads the initiative to start a women's faith-sharing group - WINGS (Women in God's
Spirit) 2022 - present
Rick has been actively involved in the following ministries here at St. Joe’s:
• G.I.F.T. program Teacher 1994 - 2006
• Nashua Deanery Collaboration Task Force
• Pastoral Council 2009 + 2010
• Good Steward Committee Chair 2010 - present
• Corpus Christi Food Pantry Board Member & Parish Rep 2011 - present
• Lector 2013 - present
• Men of St. Joseph Planning Team member 2019 - present
• Parish Coronavirus Action Team member 2020
• Sacristan - since 2022
Thanking God for the gift of our Parish Community, Bishop Christian prayerfully recognizes Rick & Donna Donaruma for their faithful contributions to St. Joseph the Worker Parish and the building up of the Lord’s Kingdom here in Nashua, NH.