OUR WORSHIP SPACE
Saint Joseph the Worker church was built in 2000 after moving from our location at 261 Lake Street where Saint Joseph Chapel was located since 1955. The church is designed to seat over 800 parishioners. In addition to the beautiful worship space, there are staff offices, several conference rooms/classrooms, a full kitchen and a gymnasium.
View of the Sanctuary from the back of the church.
The Altar dominates the sanctuary of the church. In the Sacred Congregation of Rites, Eucharistic mysterium, the main altar of the church is described as “the sign of Christ himself, the place at which the saving mysteries are carried out, and the center of the assembly, to which the greatest reverence is due.”
This beautiful crucifix was purchased from St. Kieran Church in Berlin, NH.
View of the worship space from the the Altar.
Entering the worship space. Our Baptismal (holy water) font can be seen on the left side.
This is an eight foot stained glass window of our patron saint, St. Joseph holding the Child Jesus. This window originally hung in St. Elizabeth of Hungary Parish in Pittsburgh, PA. It was constructed sometime between 1910 and 1920.
Altar looking towards choir
Beautiful stained glass image of the Immaculate Conception adorns the Sanctuary. This stain glass window was a donation from St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Manchester.
Choir, Sanctuary, Chapel
The Sanctuary looking towards our the Chapel
Our patron Saint Joseph. This statue was made in Italy and measures 48" tall.
The Blessed Sacrament Chapel. The stained glass windows surrounding the Chapel were purchased from St. Margaret's Church in Lowell.
Our beautiful Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
Our beautiful Blessed Sacrament Chapel. The statue of the Risen Christ was originally located over the Tabernacle on Lake Street.
Our blessed Mother. This statue was made in Italy and measures 48" tall.
View from West Hollis Street
View from parking lot entrance