Dear Parish Family,
Another week has come and gone! How was your “attitude of gratitude” this week? We’re grateful for the gift of all of you! Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. Whether you’re watching Bishop Christian’s weekly messages, visiting our website or Facebook page, attending Eucharistic Adoration on Sundays, stopping in for personal prayer time during the week, calling, emailing, sending notes, dropping off goodies or generously giving your weekly offertory, WE APPRECIATE IT ALL! We are anxious to gather once again as a parish family but until then, we are grateful for all you’re doing to stay in touch. Remember to check in on fellow parishioners and spread your “attitude of gratitude”!
We miss you and continue to pray for you. If you have any questions, special needs or prayer intentions, we encourage you to contact us. You may email us at email@example.com or call the parish office at 603-883-0757 ext. 2.
Reminders and Updates:
· Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament continues to be available every Sunday from 9 a.m. until 12 noon in the main church until further notice.
***Please be sure to maintain proper physical distancing (at least 6 feet) when entering, inside and exiting the church. We also ask that if you or someone in your household has any symptoms such as a cough, fever, sore throat, etc., please refrain from entering the church. We thank you for your patience and consideration during this difficult time.
· NEW: The parish office will be closed from Thursday, May 21st (Ascension Thursday) through Monday, May 25th (Memorial Day). We will reopen on Tuesday, May 26th at 9:00 a.m. Please note that the church will remain open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for private prayer during this time.
· The St. Joseph’s Knights of Columbus Council 12311 is happy to announce the availability of two individual $1000 scholarship awards for the 2020-2021 school year. In order to qualify for consideration, the applicant must be a current year graduate from a qualified high school, a member of St. Joseph the Worker Parish and enrolled in a college and/or qualified trade school full time for the 2020-2021 school year. Click here for the Student Scholarship Application. The submission deadline is Friday, May 29, 2020.
· Parish Web Site: www.stjoenash.org
· Parish Facebook page: www.facebook.com/stjoenash
· Pray the rosary with Bishop Libasci: www.stjoenash.org/rosary-bishop-libasci
· Diocese of Manchester Web Site: www.catholicnh.org
We know that these days have not been easy and even frustrating at times. Let us continue to make that special effort to pray the rosary this month and ask Mary, our heavenly mother, for her intercession in stopping the coronavirus pandemic. Let us also take the advice of Paul: “Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer” (Romans 12:12). We take comfort in knowing that Jesus is with us and we trust in Him!
May the Lord bless you,
Bishop Christian and the Parish Staff
St. Joseph the Worker Parish
777 West Hollis Street, Nashua NH 03062
603-883-0757, Ext. 2